Black Coffee
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Admin - Charles V.
Admin - Charles V.
Admin
https://blackcoffee.forumactif.com

Children of the Nameless by Brandon Sanderson Empty Children of the Nameless by Brandon Sanderson

Ven 3 Nov 2023 - 12:52
Children of the Nameless by Brandon Sanderson – 2018 – USA
Tacenda (Héros) & sa Sœur Jumelle Willia sont soumis à deux types de ténèbres, pour faire simple, l’ordinaire et le Hardcore. Willia qui a toujours été la plus fière, a décidée d’apprivoiser ces ténèbres, et s’en trouve Somehow bénie. Willia apprend un « chant des ténèbres » qui instaure la paix dans son village pendant deux longues années…
« But...who would return all these corpses to the Bog? The entire village? »
« The simple leather cord bore an iron icon of the Nameless Angel. It, and her viol, were the only important things left in her life. So there was no reason to remain here beneath those watchful, dead eyes. »
« The demon woman—Miss Highwater—leaned against the washroom doorway, arms folded. “She looks like she’s been through hell. And not the nice parts, either.” »
Je fais ma petite « sélection » de passagse mais j’aime bien le style et le choix des mots en général.
J’ai été content de voir le personnage de Davriel que j’aime bien.
« Davriel Cane—the Man of the Manor—was growing very tired of people trying to murder him. »
Tel un petit Français que je suis excité par tant d’exotisme proposé par la langue Anglaise, je ne peux pas résister à vous apporter de belles tournures de phrases…
“Be on with it, monster,” the girl hissed at him. “Do not play with me. Kill me.”
« “Do you have a preference?” Davriel said. “Axe to the neck? Cooked in the ovens? Devils have been suggested, but I’m worried you’re too lean to provide proper nutrition.”
“You mock me.” »
« “All I want,” Davriel said, “is to be left alone. All you need to do is your job! See that I’m provided with tea.” »
Franchement lire n Anglais est un pur bonheur !! (Je l’avais fait déjà mais il y a très longtemps.) peut-être est-ce la plume de Brandon Sanderson qui me séduit tant ? Dans le doute, j’y reviendrais ! -)
« “That should not be a problem,” the girl whispered, “now that you have murdered us all.” »
« “You promised to give the knight’s soul to the devils,” she said, flipping a few pages in her ledger. “If they were good.” “Have they been good?” “They’re devils. Of course they haven’t been good.” »
Le deuxième quart est nettement en deca … Même si la poésie des mots…
C’était un plaisir de retrouver l’univers Magic en roman…
Peut-être était ce juste l’engouement du début ? Même si la qualité est très correcte.
« “Hm?” she said, turning back to her ledger. “Oh, I can claim Davriel’s soul once I manage to seduce him.” »
C’est l’univers d’Innistrad avec ses créatures Darks, mais aussi ces Cathares, ses anges, ses vampires ..
“Nameless Angel, forgive me!”
« Crunchgnar belatedly drew his sword. “Um... Should I kill her?”
“As amusing as it would be to watch her magic rip you apart,” Davriel said, “I might still have use of you. So no.” »
On était parti comme des enfants on a terminé dans la cour des grands.
Finalement je m’en sors assez bien pour ma première lecture en anglais depuis des lustres.
« In the end, I let it loose on them, and...and it just happened.” »
« Why? Why do you resist? This is your moment! Seize it! »
J’ai surtout aimé le début et la fin.
“What...what will that do to me?” she asked. “Will I become evil, like Willia became?”
« That depends on your choices. But you cannot go back to being what you were, either way. You can return to your village without me, and be forever changed. Or you can take me. And be forever changed. For only the dead ever stop changing. »
L’épilogue est super.
Phoenix
++